You can add an additional audio overlay to any kind of block, with an accompanying transcript. This feature is different to the audio bars included in some multimedia blocks.
Note: even if you have selected Restricted Navigation for your learning object, users will NOT be required to listen to this audio piece. Therefore, avoid using this feature for critical learning content.
Contents of this article:
To add an audio overlay:
1. Navigate to the editor view of of the block you wish to overlay with audio.
2. Select the 'Audio' drop-down from the left-hand menu.
3. Use the 'Browse Media Library' or 'Upload file here' buttons to select or upload your desired audio piece.
4. Use the text editor in the left-hand sidebar to add a transcript of the audio piece.
To play the audio overlay:
2. Select the audio button at the far left of the bottom navigation bar.
3. Select the play button to listen to the audio.
4. Select the speech bubble button to view the transcript.