Text entry blocks are blocks that allow learners to type a response to a question in a provided text entry response box.
Text entry blocks cannot be used in assessment sections and only generic feedback can be provided to learner responses.
Contents of this article:
To create a text entry block:
1. Navigate to the storyboard view of your learning object.
2. Select 'Add new block'
3. Select the 'Interaction' drop-down in the left-hand sidebar.
4. Select 'Text entry'. The library will display available block layouts that include text entry boxes.
5. Select 'Preview' to view the block layout without creating it.
6. Select 'Choose block' to finalise your choice.
To set feedback for text entry responses:
1. Navigate to the editor view of your text entry block.
2. Select the 'Feedback' drop-down in the left-hand sidebar.
3. Select the text boxes in the now-visible feedback window to edit the feedback. The same feedback will be given to all learners, no matter their typed response.